Contains a single series of material related to the 1998 retrospective exhibition of an RAIA Convention Exhibition held 26 May to 16 June 1956 in the Adelaide Parklands. Staged by the South Australian Institute of Architecture and the Royal Australian Institute of Architects, in conjunction with the Sixth Australian Architectural Convention, the exhibition was designed to foster interest in the latest developments in architecture through models and buildings. Botanic Park was the site for pavilions intended to show 'how beauty and logic can be combined to make more pleasing surroundings for daily living'. The exhibition was covered in national and international architectural journals and in the Australian and overseas press. The Architectural Convention and exhibition of 1956 changed architecture in Adelaide and beyond, introducing contemporary architecture to the South Australian public.
Includes enlarged printed photographic panels from the 1998 retrospective exhibition, as well as research notes and copies of original documents relating to the 1956 exhibition.
See also Cheesman collection (Series S209) for the 1956 Programmes for the Convention and for the Exhibition held in Park Lands, registration, and personal invitations to peers and lists of delegates attending with personal notations; Neighbour collection (Series S294) for original slides, plans and ephemera; Griggs collection (Series S167) for programmes and ephemera, and Hurren collection for programmes.