The Australian Institute of Marine Science (AIMS) is a leader in tropical marine science.
The Institute is consistently ranked among the top one per cent of specialist research institutions internationally and is known for its unique capacity to investigate topics from broad-scale ecology to microbiology.
AIMS is committed to the protection and sustainable use of Australia's marine resources. Its research programs support the management of tropical marine environments around the world, with a primary focus on the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area, the pristine Ningaloo Marine Park in Western Australia and northwest Australia.
AIMS' headquarters is ideally located on a 207 hectare coastal site 50km from Townsville, Queensland, in a scientific zone surrounded by National Park and Marine Reserve.
The location was selected because of its proximity to the geographical centre of the Great Barrier Reef and access to clean seawater. This strategic position provides a fast transition from the sea to the laboratory, a key advantage in marine science.
Two smaller offices, in Perth, Western Australia, and Darwin, Northern Territory, provide direct links for research partners and clients in these regions.
PMB 3, Townsville MC
Tel: (07) 47534444
Fax: (07) 47725852
PO Box 41775, Casuarina MC
Northern Territory, Australia
Tel: (08) 8920 9240
Fax: (08) 8920 9222
The UWA Oceans Institute Building
35 Stirling Hwy, Crawley 6009
Western Australia, Australia
Tel: (08) 6369 4000
Fax: (08) 618 6488 4585
- IMOS SOOP Underway Data from AIMS Vessel RV Cape Ferguson Trip 5704 From 10 Jun 2013 To 24 Jun 2013
- IMOS SOOP Underway Data from AIMS Vessel RV Cape Ferguson Trip 6163 From 18 Mar 2015 To 02 Apr 2015
- IMOS SOOP Underway Data from AIMS Vessel RV Cape Ferguson Trip 6505 From 03 Jun 2016 To 13 Jun 2016
- IMOS SOOP Underway Data from AIMS Vessel RV Solander Trip 6252 From 03 Oct 2015 To 29 Oct 2015
- IMOS SOOP Underway Data from AIMS Vessel RV Cape Ferguson Trip 5164 From 29 Jul 2011 To 04 Aug 2011
- View All Collections