The Australian Institute of Marine Science (AIMS) is a leader in tropical marine science.
The Institute is consistently ranked among the top one per cent of specialist research institutions internationally and is known for its unique capacity to investigate topics from broad-scale ecology to microbiology.
AIMS is committed to the protection and sustainable use of Australia's marine resources. Its research programs support the management of tropical marine environments around the world, with a primary focus on the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area, the pristine Ningaloo Marine Park in Western Australia and northwest Australia.
AIMS' headquarters is ideally located on a 207 hectare coastal site 50km from Townsville, Queensland, in a scientific zone surrounded by National Park and Marine Reserve.
The location was selected because of its proximity to the geographical centre of the Great Barrier Reef and access to clean seawater. This strategic position provides a fast transition from the sea to the laboratory, a key advantage in marine science.
Two smaller offices, in Perth, Western Australia, and Darwin, Northern Territory, provide direct links for research partners and clients in these regions.
PMB 3, Townsville MC
Tel: (07) 47534444
Fax: (07) 47725852
PO Box 41775, Casuarina MC
Northern Territory, Australia
Tel: (08) 8920 9240
Fax: (08) 8920 9222
The UWA Oceans Institute Building
35 Stirling Hwy, Crawley 6009
Western Australia, Australia
Tel: (08) 6369 4000
Fax: (08) 618 6488 4585
- Australian Institute of Marine Science (AIMS), University of Western Australia (UWA) and Curtin University
- The University of Western Australia
- World Data Centre for Greenhouse Gases, Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), Oceans and Atmosphere - Climate Science Centre and Australian Institute of Marine Science
- Ikeda, T
- Port Curtis Integrated Monitoring Program View All 16.
- Sea Water Temperature Logger Data at Scott Reef, North Western Australia From 23 Sep 2003 To 11 Nov 2017
- Sea Water Temperature Logger Data at Pandora Reef, Great Barrier Reef From 04 Jul 2007 To 09 May 2018
- Sea Water Temperature Logger Data at Middle Reef, Great Barrier Reef From 25 Jan 1996 To 02 Nov 2012
- Sea Water Temperature Logger Data at Wonnich Reef, From 09 Feb 2012 To 18 May 2017
- Sea Water Temperature Logger Data at Heron Island, Great Barrier Reef From 24 Nov 1995 To 02 Sep 2019
- View All Collections