The Australian Institute of Marine Science (AIMS) is a leader in tropical marine science.
The Institute is consistently ranked among the top one per cent of specialist research institutions internationally and is known for its unique capacity to investigate topics from broad-scale ecology to microbiology.
AIMS is committed to the protection and sustainable use of Australia's marine resources. Its research programs support the management of tropical marine environments around the world, with a primary focus on the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area, the pristine Ningaloo Marine Park in Western Australia and northwest Australia.
AIMS' headquarters is ideally located on a 207 hectare coastal site 50km from Townsville, Queensland, in a scientific zone surrounded by National Park and Marine Reserve.
The location was selected because of its proximity to the geographical centre of the Great Barrier Reef and access to clean seawater. This strategic position provides a fast transition from the sea to the laboratory, a key advantage in marine science.
Two smaller offices, in Perth, Western Australia, and Darwin, Northern Territory, provide direct links for research partners and clients in these regions.
PMB 3, Townsville MC
Tel: (07) 47534444
Fax: (07) 47725852
PO Box 41775, Casuarina MC
Northern Territory, Australia
Tel: (08) 8920 9240
Fax: (08) 8920 9222
The UWA Oceans Institute Building
35 Stirling Hwy, Crawley 6009
Western Australia, Australia
Tel: (08) 6369 4000
Fax: (08) 618 6488 4585
- IMOS SOOP Underway Data from AIMS Vessel RV Cape Ferguson Trip 6889 From 06 Feb 2018 To 09 Feb 2018
- IMOS SOOP Underway Data from AIMS Vessel RV Cape Ferguson Trip 5585 From 30 Apr 2012 To 30 Apr 2012
- IMOS SOOP Underway Data from AIMS Vessel RV Cape Ferguson Trip 6141 From 25 Feb 2015 To 16 Mar 2015
- IMOS SOOP Underway Data from AIMS Vessel RV Cape Ferguson Trip 5639 From 14 Sep 2012 To 02 Oct 2012
- IMOS SOOP Underway Data from AIMS Vessel RV Solander Trip 5751 From 15 Apr 2013 To 24 Apr 2013
- View All Collections