The Hill End Police Station was established by 1 November 1871. It was located in the Western District and had a staff of one constable (foot). (1)
In 2011 the Hill End Police Station was located in the Chifley Local Area Command within the Western Region and was a part-time station housed in the former Hill End Court House, Tambaroora Street, Hill End. (2)
1. Police, Distribution of the Force on 1st November 1871, p.2 in Votes and Proceedings 1871-1872, Vol.1, p.590.
2. NSW Police Force website http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/about_us/structure/operations_command/local_area_commands/western_region/chifley
(cited 27 May 2011).