Online Farm Trials is part of an interoperable web-GIS maintained by Federation University Australia. The Online Farm Trials (OFT) project is funded and supported by the Grains Research and Development Corporation (GRDC), and was initiated in 2013 with the aim of using the latest technology to improve access to, and adoption of, grains industry research data and information. Federation University Australia's Centre for eResearch and Digital Innovation is leading the project to develop and deliver the OFT Trial Explorer, Report Library and other trial research resources. The project has a strong collaborative approach, working with a range of crop research groups, industry experts and grain industry organisations to ensure the outcomes are highly relevant, practical and beneficial.
The Federation University Australia Spatial Online Farm Trials database includes:
- An accessible online digital library of national farm trial research reports and documents.
- Direct online access to trial research data in digital form with download capacity.
- Online analytical/decision tools for growers, agronomists and researchers.
- Linking of other sources of relevant data and information with trial research through interoperable systems.
- Increased networking and collaboration on cropping issues and farm trial research.
The principle objective of the project is to help growers improve productivity and sustainability of their farm enterprise through improved access to trial research knowledge.