The School of Humanities and Communication Arts at Western Sydney University offers a vibrant research culture, with a distinguished record in publications, external grants and postgraduate completions.
Research Concentrations located within the School of Humanities and Communication Arts include:
- Digital Humanities Research Group
- History at Western Sydney University
- Philosophy at Western Sydney University
- Writing and Society Research Centre
Counting on a diverse group of active researchers with research degrees, the School is able to offer Higher Degree by Research supervision in a wide range of contemporary and traditional humanities and communication arts disciplines including: languages, linguistics, interpreting & translation and interdisciplinary research.
The diversity of disciplines within the humanities and communication arts fields allows researchers and students in the School to pursue their interests within a range of research clusters. These include:
- Cultural, Film & Literary Studies
- Design and Digital Media
- Historical Studies
- Interpreting & Translation
- Languages & Linguistics
- Political Science, Asian and International Studies