Dataset
Viewed: [[ro.stat.viewed]] Cited: [[ro.stat.cited]] Accessed: [[ro.stat.accessed]]
ctx_ver=Z39.88-2004&rft_val_fmt=info%3Aofi%2Ffmt%3Akev%3Amtx%3Adc&rfr_id=info%3Asid%2FANDS&rft_id=http://hdl.handle.net/2328.1/1174&rft.title=Turner’s Paddock&rft.identifier=http://hdl.handle.net/2328.1/1174&rft.publisher=Flinders University&rft.description=Turner’s Paddock, known officially as Park 23, is located in the parklands on the western edge of Adelaide. It is fairly representative of refuse dumps around Adelaide from that period (Piddock 1992). The site is located adjacent to Burbridge Road and the West Terrace Cemetery. The site was used not long after the formation of the colony and continued into the early twentieth century. The name of Turner’s Paddock came from the 1920s when it was used by Turner’s Butchers for pasturing their horses (Piddock 1992).&rft.creator=Dr Alice Claire Gorman&rft.creator=Gorman&rft.date=2016&rft.relation=http://www.flinders.edu.au/ehl/fms/archaeology_files/dig_library/directed_studies/The%20Archaeology%20of%20Adelaide.pdf&rft.relation=https://www.flinders.edu.au/ehl/fms/archaeology_files/dig_library/directed_studies/Exhibition Brief Double Space Complete.pdf&rft.relation=https://www.flinders.edu.au/ehl/fms/archaeology_files/research/pdf/TurnersPaddock.pdf &rft.coverage=-34.9353514,138.5828431&rft_rights=This dataset is made available under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International license (CC BY-SA 4.0) https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/&rft_rights=Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International license https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/&rft_subject=Turner's Paddock&rft_subject=Archaeology&rft_subject=Australia&rft_subject=South Australia&rft_subject=Archaeology of Australia (Excl. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander)&rft_subject=History and Archaeology&rft_subject=Archaeology&rft_subject=Conserving the Historic Environment&rft_subject=Cultural Understanding&rft_subject=Heritage&rft_subject=Applied Research&rft.type=dataset&rft.language=English Go to Data Provider

Licence & Rights:

Open Licence view details
CC-BY-SA

Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International license
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/

This dataset is made available under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International license (CC BY-SA 4.0)
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/

Access:

Open view details

This dataset is available for reuse

Full description

Turner’s Paddock, known officially as Park 23, is located in the parklands on the western edge of Adelaide. It is fairly representative of refuse dumps around Adelaide from that period (Piddock 1992). The site is located adjacent to Burbridge Road and the West Terrace Cemetery. The site was used not long after the formation of the colony and continued into the early twentieth century. The name of Turner’s Paddock came from the 1920s when it was used by Turner’s Butchers for pasturing their horses (Piddock 1992).

Data time period: 1978 to 1995

Data time period: 21st Century

Spatial Coverage And Location

gpx: -34.9353514,138.5828431

Identifiers