The Parliamentary Standing Committee On Railways in its Progress Report, dated 14 October 1915, recommended the extension of the Won Wron broad-guage railway eastwards, with a station as close to Woodside Township as practicable. The Assistant Chief Engineer for Railway Construction wrote to the Shire of Alberton on 27 February 1922 that, in accordance with Sub-section 3 of Section 3 of the Act authorising the construction of the railway, No. 3152, the members of the Council were to be constituted a Railway Construction Trust for the acquisition of the land required for the railway. The Council approved the proposed boundaries of the Won Wron to Woodside Railway Construction District at its meeting on 9 March 1922. The first meeting of the Trust was held on 10 August 1922. Having fulfilled its purpose, it was determined at the meeting held on 11 December 1924 that the Trust should be terminated.